Saturday, September 11, 2010

i love dinner parties



Dinner parties where people come to your house and cook for you don't happen regularly, so I felt really lucky to have my friend's chef bf cook for us! Yes, I am blogging a meal I didn't make because it was just THAT GOOD.

Fillet of cod were marinated in mirin, lemon zest, ginger, garlic, and apple juice.
I cracked open a bottle of Nova Scotian port that is made with real maple syrup to impart a sweetness that is second to none.

Expertly diced fixings for the quinoa salad. Remarkably similar to one I make. Go me!


I will never ever question a chef when he directs me to put in a whole bulb's worth of garlic in roasted potatoes. No wonder I wasn't a huge fan of potatoes. They were missing garlic!

Quinoa salad. Next time I will toast the grain before boiling. Plum forgot this time.

The roasted veg also had a whole bulb of garlic in there. And fennel seeds, ooooh!

Viv wanted him to plate it all fancy and chef-life but we were too hungry to wait.



This was a super memorable meal. Thanks again V and Q!

No comments:

Post a Comment